Re: [Healeys] Exact position of 'Staple' for spare wheel retaining

To: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>, Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Exact position of 'Staple' for spare wheel retaining
From: José Vicente Vargas <jvvmusme@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:58:40 -0700 (PDT)
What car ??
 Josi Vicente Vargas
Musmi

Tel. (571) 321 3740
Cel. (57) 311 288
3401
Skype: jovivago

www.musme.net

Bogota, Colombia
________________________________
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
To:
Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Sent: Mon, June 13, 2011 10:51:10 AM
Subject:
[Healeys] Exact position of 'Staple' for spare wheel retaining strap

All
Following restoration, my car no longer has  the two holes for the screws
which secure the 'staple' through which the spare wheel leather strap
passes.
Can anyone give me an accurate measurement of exactly where these holes are
positioned in the boot.? Is this staple normally attached with small bolts
or
with self tapping screws?

Also, the bracket  to which the spare wheel
retaining rod connects, has two
holes in it but all the spare parts manuals
show only the one long bolt
passing through it. What is the other hole for? Is
there an additional screw
required to give it more support when attached to
the wooden block?

Thanks

Derek