Re: [Healeys] Canadian 'Vintage' race Healey for Auction

To: "'Derek Job'" <derek.c.job@gmail.com>, "'Forum'" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Canadian 'Vintage' race Healey for Auction
From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:16:48 +1000
G'day

As an owner of a Works Austin-Healey it really does disturb me when auction
houses and authors make such glaringly obvious errors.

After emails from myself and telephone calls and emails from the current
owner of 57 FAC I have been today advised by RM Auctions that they will
place the following online as well as on the auction block:-

"Research surfaced subsequent to the publication of the catalogue has
suggested that this Canadian championship-winning Healey was not in fact
despatched with UK reg no. 57 FAC, which is known to be associated with
another car. All the remaining assertions, including the Canadian
championship racing history are not affected. A copy of the Heritage
Certificate accompanies the car, which notes no UK registration number."

I think it's well done to RM Auctions.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn