[Healeys] Cars 2

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Cars 2
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:44:37 EDT
Thought I saw a remark on the new Pixar movie in the list, but didn't find
it. So, I'll toss in my two cents. Any British gearhead needs to see this
movie. How can you pass up a spy movie where the plot turns (or doesn't turn)
on Whitworth bolts? Not to mention that the visuals of racing in Tokyo are
amazing spins on reality while the race in Italy is a marvelous confection of
Monte Carlo and Portofino. Try to look away from the action at the
backgrounds and see how many automobile parts you can see. And how about spare
parts
boxes in green and white from British Wheeland? And voices from everyone
from David Hobbs to Michael Caine. And the new cars in the movie -- several
different Topolinos, an E-Type, an Aston, an F1 car, and others -- are great
fun. Here's a trivia question: What car was Holley Shiftwell, the British
intelligence agent, really based on? The movie notes say Jag XJR15, but I don't
believe that is entirely accurate.
Just a caution -- if the kid isn't into cars and gets bored easily, even if
they dearly love their Lightning McQueen toy, they may not make it through
the nearly two hours. Likewise the sigoth.
Fun movie.

G.
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html