[Healeys] How do you remove the speedo works from the case

Subject: [Healeys] How do you remove the speedo works from the case
From: bjsbj8 at gmail.com (Bob Johnson)
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 15:29:12 -0400
After watching my odometer the other day, I decided it needed cleaning
and lube. Went to John Sims site and found article on speedos that I
tried to follow. Can't get my Smiths 6125/22 on my BJ8 out of the
case. The instuctions say "If the works do not move freely check the
reset shaft and be sure that it is not catching on the case." Well, it
is definitely catching on the case. I've removed the knurled reset
knob, but I cannot push it in far enough to get it inside the case.
Anyone know what I'm missing?

Bob Johnson
BJ8