[Healeys] Frustrating Electrical Mystery

Subject: [Healeys] Frustrating Electrical Mystery
From: ahpowered at hotmail.com (scott willis)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 12:14:27 -0500
Hi gang,
I was having a problem where my radio and my fuel gauge would go off when I
applied the brakes. I installed a new brake switch and I still have the
problem. I unhooked the radio. My wiper motor is not working and when I pulled
that switch it did the same thing. I unhooked the wiper motor. It still does
it when I hit the brake.

Do I need to ground the wire going to the wiper motor or can I just leave the
wires hanging to continue testing grounds? All lights, etc work. I get no
brake lights when I hit the brake. I just get the fuel gauge going off when I
apply the brake. It comes right back on when I release.

Ugh....

Thx

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA