[Healeys] Another BN1 Returns to Life

Subject: [Healeys] Another BN1 Returns to Life
From: richchrysler at quickclic.net (Rich Chrysler)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:13:26 -0400
Hello all,

Today at just after noon EDT, BN1L 158893 burst into life again after being
silent since 1965. This car broke a gear back in '65 which actually probably
saved the car. It was removed from the road at that time, seems to have been
completely stripped down to almost every last nut and bolt during the
1970's, but everything was carefully catalogued and stored. I first saw the
car in 1988 when a close friend and I went to see a "BN1 Project for Sale".
My friend bought it, moved 3 times, got married had a family, and approached
me in 2000 asking if I could help him sell it as he'd never get around to
doing the car. I bought it myself, and moved it all again. In 2006 a new
club member had been looking for a Healey and wasn't having much luck with
all the overpriced junk out there so I sold it to him as a project  on the
condition that we would build for him.

The car is finally about finished except for the many bugs and trouble
shooting that inevitably comes with the territory. She's all black with
almost all of her original persimmon orange and red interior, red top, etc.
She's a stunning piece of Healey.

Rich