[Healeys] "Original" BN2?

Subject: [Healeys] "Original" BN2?
From: Editorgary at aol.com (Editorgary at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:14:37 EDT
Not to worry, since the damage has already been done. This will be bought
by one of Canepa's high-roller clients for his wife, they will drive it on
one California Mille and be discontented when they don't get lots of respect,
get passed by the Ferraris, and wind up with back and butt pains from the
badly redone seats. Then, because they weren't Healey folks to begin with (or
they would have known better than to pay this much for this little) they
will tuck the car in the back of their multi-car display facility for a few
years, and eventually sell it at Silver Auctions for about $40,000 and it will
wind up in the back of a third-rate "museum" somewhere in the midwest.
Bottom line, we'll never see it again. If the restorer was, in fact,
working with a 750 mile car stored in a living room (How do you get a car in
and
out of a living room, anyhow, or is this a case of a person living in his
parent's garage with a barcalounger and tv next to the Healey and a studio
behind or above?) then he's done a desecration and won't lose much money on the
deal.
I'll have to check it out, since I've got to go down there in a week or so,
anyhow.
Gary