[Healeys] 100-point cars? NO SUCH THING

Subject: [Healeys] 100-point cars? NO SUCH THING
From: Editorgary at aol.com (Editorgary at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:57:21 EDT
I believe someone mentioned having a "100-point BJ8." If I heard right, let
me say right now, there is no such thing. It is impossible to achieve. The
car was truly 100-point only once in its life, as it sat on the showroom
floor, waiting for its first owner (provided that the dealer hadn't yet
installed his dealer badge on the boot lid, or installed the radio that the
owner
had requested).
Any car that has a score sheet from a Concours Registry inspection that
shows 100 points simply had judges that were careless or ill-informed. Put
Roger Moment, Curt Arndt, and Rich Chrysler on it as the three judges, and give
them 90 minutes (heck, give them 15 minutes), and I guarantee you that they
will find something that is either incorrect, or no longer in the condition
it was in when it first sat on the showroom floor.
Frankly, I have been embarrassed in the last few years to record some
scores that I knew could not be accurate. No question that the car was Gold
Level
on our standards, but 99.5% original? Not in a million years.   I'm afraid
that "Grade-inflation" has crept even into the Healey judging events. Guess
there's no way to avoid it.
Gary