[Healeys] Firewall material

Subject: [Healeys] Firewall material
From: lapierrem at sbcglobal.net (mark lapierre)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 08:26:25 -0700 (PDT)
Richard,   I went through this same thing a while ago.  There are a couple of
Hardie products available.   The one that you want is off white and has
squares imprinted on one side.
You will have the smooth side facing out of course.   Buy several jigsaw
blades that have
the carbide edge.  You will go through a couple of these blades.  I suggest
that you do your cutting outside.   The dust will fly.   Where 2 dust masks,
and eye protection.   Its not a carcinigen but it is a type of cement dust
that you don't need in you body.   You  wil lcough a lot if you inhale a lot
of it.   Do a couple of cuts then take a break in some fresh air and let the
dust die down.

There were diagrams floating around on the list a few years ago.  Did you
print those off?
They were a huge help in getting the pieces cut correctly.

Good Luck,  email me if you have any further quesions.

Mark