[Healeys] Fatal Healey Accident

Subject: [Healeys] Fatal Healey Accident
From: rca53 at columbia.edu (Atkinson, Robert)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 09:50:44 -0400
Tracy raises an interesting point: is it possible/practical to add airbags to
classic cars (particularly Healeys)?  An airbag in the glove box for the
passenger and a ne steering wheel/trafficator arrangement to allow a steering
wheel airbag? Has anyone done it? Does any company make airbag kits?  I have
never seen any advertised...

Perhaps an incident like this might get some entrepreneurs working on it.  I
suppose that there are all sorts of government regulations about airbags and
retro-fitted airbags might not be as protective as OEM airbags on new cars,
but wouldn't any airbag be better than none at all?

Bob  Atkinson