Re: [Healeys] Top Gear - Peugeot 306 3.0 V6 vs. Old Austin-Healey

To: "Austin Healey" <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>, "I Erbs" <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Top Gear - Peugeot 306 3.0 V6 vs. Old Austin-Healey
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 16:00:42 -0500
I have a freind with a well modified Bugeye, it has all the goodies, built
1275, various suspension mods, wider tires, but still very docile and
streetable, no a "single purpose car".  We regularly have club autocrosses,
the Bugeye, despite being driven by mid 60 something who readily admits he
is not the fastest driver out there, often gets fastest time of the day, in
addition to all sorts of old British cars from TR7s to Jensen Healeys to a
Sunbeam Tiger, we have Miatas, 911s, MR2s and other modern stuff that runs
as well, we do not set up the courses overly tight to give the LBCs and
advantage.

Pretty impressive for a 50+ year old design, eh?

Greg Lemon
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html