Re: [Healeys] Cleaning gauge faces

To: healeys@autox.team.net, john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cleaning gauge faces
From: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 09:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John,

With advice from a pro, I used a very soft artist paint brush, style
make-up brush with water and a bit of simple green.   The paint of the letters
can be very brittle so on a dirty area of the face you'll have to somewhat
work around the letters with a smaller brush.   Then use a soft lint free
cloth or paper kitchen towel to dry the face by dipping not wiping.

At the
end I just protected the face with a bit of a good wax.  I've seen clear
coated faces but they just looked over-restored with their hideous orange peel
clear coat.

Restoring the gauge was a nice winter project, I went as far as
scanning the numbers of the odometer/tripmeter dial wheels and making vinyl
stickers which worked out great.

Good luck,

Bert

--- On Sat, 7/16/11,

<jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
healeys@autox.team.net
> Date: Saturday, July 16, 2011, 7:27 AM
> How are
people cleaning the speedo
> and tack faces? Are they to delicate to clean
except to dust

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums