Re: [Healeys] Cross Country & Ethanol

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cross Country & Ethanol
From: Randy Hicks <healey100m@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:59:44 -0500
I have not noticed a difference in running temperature. Steady 160 - 165 deg
when outside temps 75 degrees or less. (160 degree thermostat)

We are hitting 96 - 107 degrees across the SW & Midwest with car running temps
@ 180 - 190 which I consider normal in that heat for my car.

Where I notice the difference is in pulling power up hills/mtns. and at idle.
Much smoother & steadier idle. Engine seems to rev much freer.

520.4 miles in 100+ degree temps with no AC is enough for today.  :-)

Randy

On Jul 19, 2011, at 2:24 PM, Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl> wrote:

> Cars do not run hotter on 10% ethanol/petrol mixtures. If the temperature
rises something is wrong with your cooling system, not the fuel.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html