[Healeys] Oil in Cold air box

Subject: [Healeys] Oil in Cold air box
From: scopplin at gmail.com (Stephen Copplin)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 20:38:34 +1000
Dumb question but is your breather from the rocker/tappet cover baffled, if
not oil will usually spray out into your cold air box/air filters as your
engine "matures" I've had the same problem on my 3000 with a 15000 mile motor
and a very nice finned aluminum unbaffled rocker cover, I fitted an oil catch
tank and solved the problem, an easier solution would have been to bid for an
unpainted original rocker  over on ebay for $500

Cheers
Steve Copplin

Sent from my iPad

On 08/07/2011, at 8:04 PM, "Peter & Veronica" <greylinn at ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

> What's a "small amount" Keith? If it's just a haze then it's nothing to
worry about - that's what the breather's there for (must admit I haven't
looked in the cold air box on the Ward Spl for years!)