[Healeys] Electric Tach Problem

Subject: [Healeys] Electric Tach Problem
From: rjswain at hotmail.com (Rick Swain)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:06:24 +0000
I have a friend who purchased a BJ8 last night. The car is in great condition
but there are a couple of minor problems. One I can't help him with is the
tachometer. Unlike my BN4, it's electric and it reads high - ie at 45 mph it
reads about 4500 rpm. I have checked the archives and have found solutions to
problems of electric tachometers reading low or not working at all, but
nothing about tachs reading too high. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
in advance.
Rick Swain'59 BN4