[Healeys] BN2 Electricals--Epilog

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Electricals--Epilog
From: "kaynmike.bham@juno.com" <kaynmike.bham@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:29:58 GMT
I posted a query about some oddities in the BN2 a while back (8-4) and as ever
got some well thought out suggestions from the list. The problem was/is that
the volt reg. had (again)died. It is a very long story that originated with a
coil lead that somehow shorted and fried the regulator and upon looking at the
area that burned away I couldn't resist "fixing" it. Got some fusible link
material and soldered it together. Perfect-worked like a charm....Until the
solder joint popped off. After that the reg. "worked" sporadically. Just
recieved the new reg. from an outfit in Santa Barbara....starts with an "M".
Not their fault, but got likely the "correct" screw terminal instead of the
(incorrect") spade type. There is light at the end of the tunnel, though.
THANKS to all of you for your great ideas.
Mike Gougeon '56 BN2
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html