Re: [Healeys] erstwhile Healey Museum in Virginia

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] erstwhile Healey Museum in Virginia
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 19:45:38 -0400
The person who was providing the financial backing for the proposed Healey
museum at VIR also owned one of the three Rolls Healey 4000 cars with the
Rolls Royce Princess engines.  He showed up in it with his little daughter
in the passenger seat at the Carolinas AHC fall mountain tour a few years
ago and drove it on the tour.  An amazingly young fellow and very pleasant.
As it was told to me, the guy did go through a divorce and had to sell off
the 4000 and a Silverstone.
I intercepted several boxes of Healey Marque/Chatter and Austin-Healey
Magazine/Healey Highlights going back to 1970 that were going to the museum.
I was to use them for BJ8 registry purposes and then pass them on to Bill
Emerson, but the museum project fell through before I finished with them, so
I still have them.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry