[Healeys] Factory Hardtop Fitting Early BN4

Subject: [Healeys] Factory Hardtop Fitting Early BN4
From: richchrysler at quickclic.net (Rich Chrysler)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 18:10:06 -0400
Hello all,

I have been studying and viewing a lot of early Longbridge built BN4's and
have noted there was no locating socket in the car right behind the doors
for the hardtop pins. The separate screw-in sockets that located the tonneau
cover support bar was positioned further back on the rear wheel arch, so
they aren't the answer. The hood bows were positioned by a sliding track
with rollers on the base of the main hood iron, so again, no relation to the
positioning of the hardtop when fitted.
Late BN4's sharing the same hood bows design with the early BT7 models had a
specific steel socket to mount the hood and locate the hardtop pins, but I
can find nothing for the early BN4.

Does anybody have any clues about this?

Rich Chrysler