[Healeys] Cable Throttle Kit - thoughts

Subject: [Healeys] Cable Throttle Kit - thoughts
From: steveg at abrazosdata.com (Steve Gerow)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:46:06 -0700
Ira,

I'd think you'd need to use your cross rod and run the cable off a lever
hanging down on the passenger side. It would go up and across the valve
cover to address the throttle linkage from right to left. Better make sure
the lever is hellishly tight to avoid slippage - I'd be tempted to tack weld
the levers in place.

That means you'd have to use at least part of your existing linkage on the
driver's side. You'd need to use new joints (Tom's Toys has good prices).

If you're doing that, why not do the whole thing. Incorporating HD8s on an
HD6 car entails attaching the bracket with bearing to the firewall (moss)
and making a longer shaft out of 5/16" drill rod. Pictures of modified
linkage here:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/dmd2inch

Made a brace to prevent slippage of the bell cranks on the shaft:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/82300801

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA