[Healeys] Healey sighting

Subject: [Healeys] Healey sighting
From: p_cquinn at tpg.com.au (Patrick and Caroline Quinn)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:14:05 +1000
G'day Rich

I assure you it wasn't me, but it does bring back memories.

My wife and I had the pleasure of a press fleet Mercedes Benz and were
driving from Los Angeles to San Diego on our second day in the US.

Driving a LHD car for the first time in 25 years we managed to get
completely lost in LA. We kept looking for something called 'One Five' and
burst into laughter when we realised that we were really looking for I-5.

Except for a Google Map all we knew was that San Diego was south, the ocean
was on our right and I wasn't permitted to take the car outside the US. So
after coming from the East Coast of Australia, not only was the steering
wheel on the wrong side, but someone had moved the ocean as well.

We kept driving and I was concerned that soon we would reach the Mexican
border. So after hurtling down the fast lane (and seeing both a fellow
Mercedes and a Jaguar XJS ablaze along the side of the One Five) I spied the
Mexican flag.

So I figured that it was time to turn right and head towards the Pacific
before we got involved in a border incident. We found San Diego by following
the navel aircraft and the cleansing ale at the del Coronado was wonderful.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia