[Healeys] wiper wheel box

Subject: [Healeys] wiper wheel box
From: bighealey3k at aim.com (Larry Wendland)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:13:28 -0400 (EDT)
I think Gary is talking about the seal that is on the shaft that passes
through the wheel box housing and has the serrated hub that the wiper arm
attaches to.  It is a weather seal that keep water from seeping down through
the wheel box and dripping into the passenger compartment, namely on your leg
while driving in a rain storm.  I too have wondered if this can be replaced.
It looks like a small diameter rubber tubing sleeve that seals the area
between the wiper shaft and the wheel house housing.  One of mine is split
part way down the side of the rubber sleeve.  Driver's side of course. :-(

Larry
'67 BJ8