[Healeys] Transmission-Overdrive locked up

Subject: [Healeys] Transmission-Overdrive locked up
From: magnuskarlsson at bornet.net (Magnus Karlsson)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 07:33:21 +0200
Did you check the thickness of the shim on the main bearing. The one that is
sandwiched between the o/d adaptor plate and the bearing. If it is too thick
it will lock up the whole assembly.

Magnus Karlsson

www.concourshealeys.com

30 aug 2011 kl. 03:55 skrev john spaur:

> The overdrive has not been operated for several years but worked before
replacing a few parts. The OD and transmission worked freely before mating the
two together. Everything lined up fine and they slipped together without
forcing anything.

> After bolting the trans and OD together the OD will not move and when the
transmission is in gear it will not move either. All I could garner from the
archives is that the OD brake ring or clutch assembly might be locked due to
weak clutch springs. They were a little shorter than spec.