[Healeys] Exhaust heat shield question

Subject: [Healeys] Exhaust heat shield question
From: mgcharlie at comcast.net (Charlie Baldwin)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:00:02 -0400
Alan,
The heat shield above the muffler didn't come along until the Mk.II
model, so it is correct that your BN4 does not have it.  Why not
insulate under the carpet to keep the heat out?  While you are at it
upgrade the insulation under all of the carpet.  You will find many
using expensive products like Dynamat and Koolmat, but you can have very
good luck with less expensive products also.
Check
http://www.jcwhitney.com/heat/sound-insulation/p2010475.jcwx?filterid=j1
Charlie