[Healeys] Seats

Subject: [Healeys] Seats
From: thehartnetts at earthlink.net (Len and/or Marge Hartnett)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:56:49 -0800
Michael: A little caution here.  At the time that I rebuild/recovered my
original seats, it seemed like I was almost sitting on the floor.  In fact,
I had added some thin foam, and maybe even a layer or two of towel, to raise
me up a bit.  When I redid the seats, sitting on the new foam put my eyes
even with the top of the windshield.  Not good.  However, I did not
disassemble the seat and drill the holes as suggested.  As I continued to
drive the car, the seat gradually sank to a lower position and at this point
is quite satisfactory.

If your wife's foam is new, I would suggest waiting until she has driven it
for a while.  The foam may compress and make the seat more comfortable.  I
think that cutting the holes too soon may speed up the process where it is
too soft and too low.  No matter what you do, the foam will change with use.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031

.