[Healeys] Texas cooler

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Texas cooler
From: Leonard Berkowitz <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:13:05 -0500
running in heavy traffic I am in total agreement. Your theory concerning air
circulation should also be spot on.  In my experience with my Healey which I
have owned and driven for 28 years the car ran very hot at idle and in
traffic. I was able to almost live with that since I expected it and the car
never truly overheated or boiled over.  What really drove me nuts was when the
gauge was climbing on a hot day while running sustained high speeds. By the
way my engine was rebuilt to factory specs in 1990 and the engine bay is
equiped with all the correct baffles. The original radiator had also been
boiled out and cleaned.  I have tried electric supplementary fans, oil
coolers, Texas coolers etc  and nothing worked. Until I modified the radiator
and added extra rows.  Now the gauge almost never goes above 190 - 200 F under
any driving condition.