Re: [Healeys] PCV valve

To: ed@wadsworth-eng.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] PCV valve
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:52:43 -0500 (EST)
I guess I am still not convinced that adding a PCV system provides any
significant benefit over the original crankcase ventilation system on an
engine in good condition. The ventilation tube from the crankcase & valve
cover is connected to a negative pressure inside the air cleaner which should
be able to keep up with the blowby gases in the crankcase on an engine in good
condition. For me the only unknown is at what cylinder leakage rate does the
blow by gas volume (CFM) exceed the flow capacity (CFM) created by the
negative pressure in the air cleaner.
Gary Hodson