[Healeys] Two 100-6 needing resto. What is the value?

Subject: [Healeys] Two 100-6 needing resto. What is the value?
From: ahpowered at hotmail.com (scott willis)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 00:02:18 -0500
Hi folks,
I stumbled on two 100-6s that need total restoration.
http://bgeuroclassics.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13119567

Red Car:
No title. No overdrive. The red one has less rust than the green one. If you
see light in the photo then that is a rust hole. Both have obviously had some
damage. The frames look straight and solid. The fit is not so good on the
fenders and the doors need some work to shut properly on both cars. All the
aluminum is missing in the door jamb. The red one has no title but the green
one does. Both motors turnover according to the seller. he red one has some
damage to the passenger rear end and a bad bodge
repair. The aluminum strips between the body and the fenders are not
there. The front shroud is off and dented around the bonnet on both sides on
the
red car.

Green Car:
Has title. The green one has overdrive. The green one has a replacement front
shroud from a BN6 and the fit is pretty good but the passenger front fender
has a bunch of Bondo near the door and the door does not shut or fit properly.
Trunk floor is rusted out. Sills are rusted out.

All parts appear to be there or in boxes for both cars. The guy wants $7,500
for each. A buddy is very interested but he needs to make a reasonable offer.
I know it is very subjective but I feel $7,500 is a bit high.

Any tips on negotiations and what a realistic values is for each? It may be a
good deal but it looks like 2,000 hours of work to me.

Many thanks,

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA
59 MGA