[Healeys] WTB dash panel

Subject: [Healeys] WTB dash panel
From: glemon at neb.rr.com (Greg Lemon)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:13:44 -0500
Dave, my brother and I owned quite a few mid to late sixties Sprites and
Midgets way back when, both the Sprite and the Midget shared the same dash,
in '68 they went to the rocker switches and padded dash (I am absolutely
sure about that because my brother had a beautiful red '65 Sprite and it had
the padded dash, my '66 Sprite had the metal dash an toggle switches), first
year of US safety standards and all that, the metal dash you want is the
same for Sprite and Midget except for a badge in the middle (one said
"Sprite" one "MG" if I recall correctly, and was used from about 64 (or
65)-67.

You may know all that, but from your question what you may not know is I
believe they went to a slightly smaller speedo and tachometer with the
change in 68, so you may need those as well, I could be wrong, but I am
pretty sure it was 1/2" or an inch smaller, so you would need a dash with
guages intact.  I don't have a spare dash, but if you get no luck from the
list I know a couple people who may have one that I can try to track down.

Greg Lemon