[Healeys] tire balancing - answer to an old message

Subject: [Healeys] tire balancing - answer to an old message
From: coudesluijs at chello.nl (Oudesluys)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:17:22 +0200
This has been tried so many times in the past decades or longer. It
looks like a very good idea. I have tested several of these in the past
years.  It has never worked properly. It may relieve some problems
slightly but you cannot balance a tire dynamically this way.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Op 19-4-2012 17:02, Skip Saunders schreef:
> I have that stuff in my motorhome tires.  It works fine on large vehicles,
> can't vouch for car tires though.   There is a problem however that you
> should know:  The "beads" can clog the air-inlet-valve, and if they do
> you'll have a slow leak.   The "fix" is to ensure that air flows into the
> tire the last time you press the little button in the center of the valve
> stem.  This airflow makes the beads or bead dust fall back into the tire.
>
> Although I can not remember the name of the new product, there is a liquid
> version of the same thing that truckers now use.  It doesn't have the
> valve-stem clogging "feature" and is much preferred by those of us with big
> vehicles.

really wellb
 in tubes.