[Healeys] paint stripper

Subject: [Healeys] paint stripper
From: healeyrick at yahoo.com (HealeyRick)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 10:47:33 -0700 (PDT)
RediStrip did a great job on my bugeye 35 yrs ago, but it is getting
increasingly difficult to find operators as environmental regs. have caused a
number of them to close, like the one here in Massachusetts.  If you do find
one, make sure they know it's aluminum they are dipping, they use a different
solution than they do for steel.  I'm pretty sure the steel solution will
dissolve the ali.

If you go with an aircraft stripper, sand the old finish with coarse sandpaper
first, apply the stripper and cover it with plastic wrap to keep the stripper
from evaporating.  Let the stripper do the work.  Might be best to use plastic
scrapers and single edge razor blades for the removal process.

Oh yeah, wear a respirator in a well ventilated area, otherwise you'll be
higher than Barrett-Jackson auction prices.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo