[Healeys] FW: Early BN1 white wheel wells

Subject: [Healeys] FW: Early BN1 white wheel wells
From: richchrysler at quickclic.net (Rich Chrysler)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:10:20 -0400
Subject: RE: [Healeys] Early BN1 white wheel wells

Research seems to indicate that the earliest production cars had alloy
fenders and panels all around. Just for reference sake the first production
car was BN1L 138031 which was Jensen's consecutive Body number 24. It is
reported that as early as Body number 29, the rear fenders were already
apparently steel, with steel front fenders following closely after. I don't
know how quickly steel doors followed, but within the next few cars.
Alloy bonnets continued into May of 1954 and steel boot lids into June of
'54.

Rich Chrysler
Hundred Registrar