[Healeys] Replacement Steering Wheel Boss - Fit

Subject: [Healeys] Replacement Steering Wheel Boss - Fit
From: cvaselaar at earthlink.net (Charlie Vaselaar)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:24:51 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I recently purchased a steering wheel boss from Moss for mounting my new
Moto-Lita steering wheel in my '66 BJ8..

It fits OK except for a noticeable gap (1/8") between the turn signal / horn
assembly and the steering wheel trim ring.  When secured by the three grub
screws, I can see that the signal / horn assembly is fully seated on the
machined mounting surface inside the boss.

Has anyone else had a similar problem when installing a new steering wheel?
What was your solution?

Thanks,

Charlie Vaselaar
1966 BJ8