[Healeys] "100-M" for sale

Subject: [Healeys] "100-M" for sale
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 07:20:07 -0700
I think my point--at least part of it--got missed (maybe buried in too much
sarcasm).

If you think someone paying close to $200K for a factory 100M is absurd, keep
in mind that to many people--probably a
large majority--spending any money (or time) at all on an old British 2 (or
2.5)-seater is absurd; cars are 4-wheeled
appliances for getting groceries and taking the kids to soccer/football
practice.    There are plenty of people who
think you would be just plain silly to spend a penny on a 6-cyl Healey, so it's
all relative.

I do agree that 100Ms may be in a bit of speculative bubble, though (it's been
going on for several years, so may have
some staying power).  More justified, IMO, in the bubble in old muscle cars,
which have no appeal to me.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net