[Healeys] BHP - the real figures (contd)

Subject: [Healeys] BHP - the real figures (contd)
From: bce257 at yahoo.co.nz (Andrew Thorp)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 19:22:57 -0700 (PDT)
I recently did some dynoing of a BN4 gallery head engine as part of my
rebuild. Stock engine gave about 80hp at the gearbox output flange in 4th gear
and after a little fettling I got 106hp. The factory claim of 142lbft torque
is fanciful, the hp figure of 102 is optimistic at best.

Stock baseline runs
were done with a different engine that had never been apart from new but was
in good health. All runs done on an waterbrake dyno mounted in the old chassis
and calibration was checked each day.

Graphs and videos of the testing here
http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcforum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/846
675