Re: [Healeys] Float bowl needles

To: Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Float bowl needles
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 07:58:41 +0800
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=PchOdyMAeKtelt+APYgDZaZ5FxbuE+evU71FOrkECU0=; b=JTqwCTrz9weC9Ix1g+kWeIve0K+EqFpQg7Xyu1quNlUYNWZ5Q1pcsrdnuAYWmmnZvO zNfZ9Jl/LgHjWEaSlbOHkcwPt4DS0VV1JcueLnz9qFf9Mn/8gTDlpg4es6yKRtjaub3T SwCVaP/y+ptUYmZcHbKxr7tb+VBUkOjYt0jMqX59ReIkeIUIRk7MdC/Gy1KR4YNwuggp a6a82Hw69KM/8gguWCoikJsarzDDqz+u/XwG2udrbcIMntreYV85P4bGP4r5JLCIjmrK XAsqPojPmDa2FS20eotiGEty+jxlMlMWlmaqfPC6lfw+TXl3funCeMkIv14pA8gp1uxw tUpA==
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Ron -

Do you have a BN1/BN2?  If so that will change this answer slightly.

Generally speaking if your float bowls are leaking, changing the jets
or putting it Grose jets will not fix the problem.  Leaking usually is
from either incorrectly adjusted float levers which jam the needle
open, or more commonly from crud in your fuel.  If you don't have a
fuel filter on your car, I highly suggest you put one on.

Also, if you have a sunken float, that will cause leaking problems as
well.  I recommend switching to Nitrophyl floats, I've sunk ALOT of
floats in my day... and I'm still in my 40's!

http://www.bpnorthwest.com/.sc/ms/dd/AH%20BN1-BJ8--Carburetion%20Fuel%20Syste
m/10766/Carburetor%20Float%20H-Type%20and%20HD%20Type%20Nitrophyl

Best,

Alan

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com