Re: [Healeys] scoops not vents

To: healeys List <healeys@autox.team.net>, Pieter and Linda <pieters@pt.lu>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] scoops not vents
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 09:05:02 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1337270703; bh=uONnmRrRlfZ5H/sESuZtixr4OhhyFGOVBNFgVrlCLOE=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=V40zMt+eqA5+kH2cImnZ0/cjcuC5inO28w19K37aLkLe1nzE//uVSZorpHlipiKBW06WKEzYjmIwuYNjCAXiP2st9Ch3iLN2TnwMVoXIgsJf3MtdCLkyzsFgaopO3vd9fVWpcWeFF4Um0dW4b+8wPxWqQbyGITKi+JgtO02lVxA= s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=4t+dAZ/vHw7MWbFwJoWobF/dVTpYEDpM7sDLNzAXn4jn2eQHT6CJBWg2d56mAiLuo7+O4qMCOaRGRy+AjkTh/ltWGZEis5G0p3EpPxm8+/WS4fU+/bmS74kKSDfSkOquKMMDdn9sEHg+sHv+VBqPjvE4m7gv9FzYLOimyp263vM=;
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
One Healey scoop idea that I always liked was done when one of the regular
auto-xers in our sports car club had an accident that damaged the left front
fender and shroud of his Healey.  When repairs were done, sheet metal was
placed over the valley between the fender and the hood.  The area near the
carbs in the shroud was cut out, thereby creating a ram effect to the carbs.
The mod was very professionally done and looked very good.  Don't know how
much it helped performance, but that Healey always did quite well in the
auto-x.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo