Re: [Healeys] Memorial Day

To: "AH Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Memorial Day
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 19:03:25 -0700
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
"Armistice Day (which overlaps with Remembrance Day) is on 11 November and commemorates the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compihgne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front of World War I, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning-the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918...

After World War II, the name of the holiday was changed to Veterans Day in the United States and to Remembrance Day in the countries of the British Commonwealth of Nations. Armistice Day remains an official holiday in France and Belgium..."

(Again, Wikipedia)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031