Re: [Healeys] Drivers vs. Shiners

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Drivers vs. Shiners
From: "Kit Henry" <kit@henrymotorsports.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 11:39:40 -0400
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
I see and don't see both sides of this. The majority of concours cars I have ever seen are better than the way they were when they were built. These cars were built in factories and no matter how much care is given they all have flaws, and mistakes and little chips here and there. Let it be. Sorry I am a believer that the cars were meant to be driven not put on trailers. I sold my fully restored 54 Mg TF as it was better than new, great car was afraid to park it anywhere. On the other hand I loved my in progress 65 BJ 8, that got the wheels run off of it and was driven like Donald had built it to be, it was unfortunately sold and is now with the Westfall's in Chicgao and they are slowly doing the restoration, while enjoying her tempermental british charm. Last year at Put In Bay, my brother gave me the cahnce to drive our families beloved 1948 MG TC, and I'm told I wheeled it almost as hard as my father would of (He was probaly grinning from ear to ear) I did a jaguar deal one time in Cleveland, and it was fun, though never again will I spend that much time to detail a car for the driven class to find out driven to most these guys meant to unlaod the car from a tariler a couple blocks away and drive into the show. Our went 90 miles down the turnpike, bugs normal leaks and all and then were clean as best possible for the show. Guess what we didn't do that well, though bet I had more FUN driving a car that was built to be driven.

Kit Henry

85 Jaguar XJS (Gertrag 5 speed)
48 MG TC  (Chuck Henry's HP Race Car)
72 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Restored and FOR SALE
69 Dodge A 100 Cab Over P/U
79 Dodge Warlock
71 Innocenti Mini

----- Original Message ----- From: "Henry Morrison" <dos_gusanos@msn.com>