Re: [Healeys] Advice------BJ8 shift lever spring circlip installation <m

To: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 19:45:12 -0700
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
I remember this task being a PITA, but only a couple-dozen swear words' worth.

IIRC, the problem isn't the circlip so much as the spring.  Since you're not
having any luck just jamming it in, maybe
you could compress the spring in a vice and bind it with a couple tie-wraps.
Then, you should be able to work the
circlip in in the usual fashion; i.e. working it in starting at one end.   When
you have the clip in cut the tie-wraps.

Haven't tried this, but in theory it should work.

Bob

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net