Re: [Healeys] autopulse series 2100 Fuel Pump

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] autopulse series 2100 Fuel Pump
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 19:12:50 -0500
Following up on a 4 year old email from me.

As you see below, I had an Autopulse 2100 fuel pump in my car when I got
it.  I bought the $6.50 rebuild kit and it worked fine.  Today I got
inspired to play with the Healey a bit and found that I wasn't getting gas
to the carbs.  Turns out that the replacement diaphragm has also turned to
black goo.  It looks like modern gas dissolves them, in a little over 4
years.   If you have one of these, you should swap it out.

Now I need to either get the NAPA pump or find an original (anyone have a
used they want to get rid of)

Patton

--
Patton Dickson  - Plano, TX