Re: [Healeys] wire wheels - again

To: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] wire wheels - again
From: "kbeck100" <kbeck100@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 07:56:03 -0400
If the wheel is mounted with cones rather than a modified splined hub it
still is not mounted like on your car.  If the wheel assy is balanced off
the car it can't compensate for the drum etc that is still on the car. The
Hunter road force machine is most likely the best balancer but if the wheel
is not true I'll bet there is still a shake. Spin your balanced wheel at
speed and tell me that it runs dead true.  I can still prove that shaving
will all but totally eliminate shake even better thar only using a road
fotce machine.

Ken Beck
K & T Vintage Sports Cars LLC