Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Customized Radiator???

To: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Customized Radiator???
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 03:25:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Robert,

I'd be interested to see what you come up with.  The available
space is really limited in width by the chassis uprights and the size of the
bottom tank is limited by the distance between the chassis and the suspension
mounting points.  I think one of the reasons our radiators are so tall is the
necessity to keep the radiator inlet higher than the thermostat housing in the
engine.  If the thermostat is higher than the radiator inlet, it can cause air
to be trapped in the system.  One manufacturer of custom alloy radiators is
Ron Davis:  http://www.rondavisradiators.com/

Rick

"Madman in a death
machine"