Re: [Healeys] Weber vs SU on a 3 carb Healey

To: José Vicente Vargas <jvvmusme@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Weber vs SU on a 3 carb Healey
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:57:39 -0700
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
IIRC there are 7 different calibrated items on a DCOE carb.  Let's see if I
can recall them all:
1. Chokes
2. needle and seat
3. idle jets
4. main jets
5. pump jets
6. air corrector jets
7. emulsion tubes
Hey what do you know, I still remember them all!
Anyway my point is, the carbs do not come out of the box set for the car.
 Most likely all 7 of those adjustable items will be wrong for your buddies
car.
If you don't know Webers trying to dial in DCOEs is a stone bitch.
The upside is a set of Webers does add 52 show power to the car.
Me? I would stay with SUs.
Rick