Re: [Healeys] Steering wheel restoration

To: healeys@autox.team.net, michaelsalter@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering wheel restoration
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 08:51:04 +1100
Hi Mike, hope your well. the steering wheel for my 100 was in extremely
bad condition, large cracks around the rim and a few chunks missing. I
repaired it with 5 minute araldite, gradually filling all of the cracks
and refilling until I had enough on to file back into shape. In the past
5 or so years 1 small crack has re appeared, but considering how bad it
was, I can live with it, and it could now be quite easily be repaired. I
painted it with black 2 pack paint and no problems with that lasting.
Cheers
Larry