Re: [Healeys] Evan's waterless coolant

To: "sdesalvo@frontiernet.net" <sdesalvo@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Evan's waterless coolant
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:47:33 -0800 (PST)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
I used it in my Bugeye because of overheating due to use with a Judson
supercharger.  The stuff works, you just have to get used to the higher
operating temps.  Your engine can operate at a higher temp because the surface
tension temp is raised and it will take a much higher temp before the liquid
turns to steam against the cylinder walls.  Good stuff.  You just have to get
used to the smell.  It actually smells like pancake syrup, at least it did to
me.  The smell lasts long after you have stopped using it too.  Hope this
helps.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5