Re: [Healeys] FW: V-12 DIESEL ENGINE FITS IN YOUR HAND <<<

To: lists <lists@brits-n-pieces.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: V-12 DIESEL ENGINE FITS IN YOUR HAND <<<
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:26:59 +0800
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Eric -

Since his only objective here is to get the motor running (i.e. there's no
power rating needed), he could simply time the intake and exhaust valves to
approximate a standard two stroke cycle.  All he'd need to do is get in
just enough fuel on the downstroke to keep the engine turning.  The cycle
would be upstroke > spark > fire > TDC > piston starts going down > exhaust
opens ~ 20 deg ATDC and then closes shortly thereafter, then intake opens
in the last bit  to get just enough fuel in before going back up on the
upstroke.  If you note, the flywheel is quite big for this motor which
suggests it might need the inertia to keep the engine running because it is
too week.

Alan