Re: [Healeys] FW: California Retro License Plates

To: "AH Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: California Retro License Plates
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 17:44:41 -0800
John:  I am sure that original plates are allowed in California.  I believe
that I have provided the reference in the California Vehicle Code in
previous e-mails.  There is a gentleman that shows up at local swap meets
with lots of them.  The problem is that they must be original plates along
with any (metal) "year" tags that were applicable.  The article in the
Sacramento Bee that was mentioned also noted that "..The law was pushed by
car club members who wanted vintage plates on their vintage cars - and have
been victimized in the past by unscrupulous people claiming to sell them
real vintage plates, only to discover they were forgeries...".

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031