[Healeys] Pertronix in 100

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net> s=q20121106; t=1356369865; bh=3NKTCpopaPqYYEr8OX6k9dAhtEJNgNn+gijWOWiiz1o=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=PfnOF7Ei/0z2s068iaOtNMMXjYXZ5eR/EQnVGPaBNePfQ6stsv3gUfPyziy68BKdD 1GMwYhLl2t7cegWdfbJnqXZdfxROSiLEiTda7Cm1IGrGVH8lSgXz/tZgzgzt3ibZ6k UzdtIF3JOOWRIAIQrGFsL1X12D85X+C7reS0li4msJOTOL4EA9/tMd3p01J03srgWN e+pe+WqXNOYZzmY+YMnIKxQIxegtsHhIgn/f8vjU5vYSXoeKBivqXcsbHeolMTAcb6 FJUgxphLNOVBRmnrXeefIL3b72GXEJA6X6iRhPSPP3x7nwmmcWEUj0NB3GB3Ffu3hL dUTRRCCOan1Bg==
Subject: [Healeys] Pertronix in 100
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 17:24:24 +0000 (UTC)
I just installed a Pertronix Ignitor in our BN2. At first, I thought we were
missing a component because the kit didn't come with the embedded magnet collar
like the one in my BJ8. Turns out the unit doesn't require the magnet collar
(and there probably wasn't enough room between the Ignitor and the points cam
for one anyway). However, the unit worked just fine. This is impressive
engineering; apparently, just the squarish shape of the cam is enough to
trigger the sensor. As usual, after a timing reset the engine ran fine and
seemed smoother at idle and lower speeds. Also, an 'aftermarket' points set for
a 100M distributor is $26.25 from Moss so at about $95 the Ignitor should pay
for itself over time. Hats off to the Pertronix people.

Happy Holidays to all in Healeyland.

Bob