Re: [Healeys] Felt sealing strips

To: <healeyguy@bredband.net>, healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Felt sealing strips
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 01:42:00 +0000
I have built many engines for racing. I do not use the round cork, or felt,
plugs that come with those gasket sets.  I use cotton string.  I take a large
nail,  16p I think, and grind off the sharp tip. I now have something to tamp
down the string as I feed it into the hole between the main caps and the
block. I use a small lightweight ball-pein hammer to tamp down the string.
When I have filled the hole with compacted string I use a dab of silicone to
seal the end and keep the wadding in place. It only takes a minute or so per
hole.  This has always worked well for me.

Richard Mayor
Portland, Oregon

gives a good seal and none of the headache associated with trying to use the
cylindrical era i beliebe 9pek alargest

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/mayorrichard@hotmail.com