Re: [Healeys] Hole cutting

To: "Peter & Veronica" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hole cutting
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:02:23 -0800
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Peter,

The method below works well. However, you can use a larger drill bit,
say 3/16" if you move the bit center point an appropriate distance
away from the desired finished inside diameter. After drilling a
series of 3/16" holes, change the bit to a 1/4" bit and carefully
re-drill the holes. This will do most of the cutting and you will
then need to file. I just made the large steel lock washer on the
front of the transmission bearing using this method.

John